Monday, July 15, 2013

THE WEEKEND

Dearest Readers,

Our weekend started off with a fancy date night to McGrath's in Sandy I had the Parmesan crusted halibut, which by the way- is the greatest culinary masterpiece EVER, and DJ had the Salmon and Clam Chowder. I love getting dressed up and going out for date night, we always have a really nice time.

During dinner, I got a call from mom, who knew we were coming up because I had asked if we could stop by when dinner was over. She said she had come by some free tickets to the Barry Manilow concert that night, and wanted to know if we would babysit my younger sisters. I said we would, so we finished up dinner and headed over to my parents house.
I was just finishing picking up a little around the house, mom and dad came back! The concert had been cancelled due to illness, so we chatted for a while and then left around 10 PM.

On Saturday, DJ mowed the lawn and washed the car, while I packed for our hike and did the laundry, and a few other household chores. Then we went to the grocery store to buy some supplies, and met up with our friends the Mitchell's around 5. We made our way up Payson Canyon to the Grotto Falls trail, and started the hike. It was a fairly moderate hike, but it was made a little more difficult from the rain which made the trail super muddy. The hike was a lot of fun, with lots of different paths to chose from, and lots of "bridges" to walk over. Soon, we were standing in front of the falls. It was beautiful!

When we got back to the car, we tried the best we could to wipe all the mud off, and then drove down to the spot where we set up "camp" My awesome husband was in charge of  getting the fire started, with the help of Jaden, while Rhiannon and I got the food together. We had roast, potatoes, and baby carrots, white rice with a chili/corn topping, dinner rolls, and fruit.

During dinner, it started to rain, but under the thick covering of the trees, we didn't feel it right away. Soon though, it came pouring down, drenching us, and extinguishing our fire. We quickly packed up the remaining items and left, in time to see a beautiful rainbow on our way back home.
Sunday was a beautiful and quiet day, though I wouldn't recommend having a BBQ in your church clothes! Before bed, DJ and I picked a Disney movie, since Disney is deemed "Sunday appropriate" here at the Mein's. We picked "Hercules"- I haven't seen that in a LONG time! Ah, memories of childhood!
Now, it's Monday and the weekend is over :( It always goes by way to fast!

But I'm looking forward to completing more of my novel this week, writing my missionaries back, and also getting more hikes in, in preparation for hiking the Y. I'm also excited to check out some new library books, and DJ and I have an appointment to view some apartments on Tuesday in Provo. This is going to be a great week, I'm looking forward to it.

Wishing You A Happy Monday! -The Mein's