Sunday, July 7, 2013

My First Letter From Hermana Harris

On Friday, DJ and I went to Texas Roadhouse for our date night- one of my absolute favorites-then we went to see the movie "Despicable Me 2" Even though the movie wasn't very deep, it was certainly made for little kids.... It was fun, because I seriously find both Despicable Me movies hilarious. It felt good to spend the night laughing like children. Sometimes it's good to just have a roll-on-the-floor laugh!

Saturday we spent in Provo looking for prospective apartments. All of the offices we stopped by were still closed for the 4th, but we were able to get some good names down, and there are a few apartments that I'm very excited about! I can't wait to have our own place again. It's been hard here, not having privacy, or much space. I've missed having a clean apartment, and I miss cooking for my husband! I can't wait to tear into our boxes and use my blender, or my grill. Have I mentioned my blender yet? And my crockpot??

Also on Saturday, I got my FIRST letter from Hermana Harris!!!!! She is at the MTC until August.  She is doing well, and it was so wonderful to hear from her. She says that she has been busy, and a little stressed, and nervous, and that there is a lot of information to take in. But she says that despite the hard work, she is glad she is there because she knows that is where she is supposed to be. I'm so proud of her, and though I keep picking up my cell to call her, or shoot her an email or message, and then realize she is gone- I know she is where she is supposed to be too. And I am so glad that I am able to stay connected with Hermana Canova, Hermana Harris, and Sister Cooper via letters and occasional emails. They are remarkable young ladies and I'm beyond blessed to know them.

On Saturday night, things got a little dreary when DJ started feeling sick and we had to drop our plans to go swimming or hike in Payson for a dutch-oven cookout and S'mores. He was up almost all night throwing up and he had a very high fever. Poor dear! I've been just hanging out on my own letting him rest, which is very hard to do when you are married! So because of that, it's been a very chill Sunday here, I've been enjoying the thunder and lightning outside, and cuddling with DJ and watching movies after dinner.

All I can hope is that DJ feels better soon, I don't like seeing other people in pain.
We will keep you posted!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend

-The Mein's