Sunday, June 30, 2013

THE MEIN'S JUNE 2013 ADVENTURES

1. A WEDDING- So, I have 5 best friends: Rhiannon, Rachel, Allison, Ashley, & McKenzie. This June, on the 15th, my dear friend Ashley was married Salt Lake City Temple. I got to be a bridesmaid for the 2nd time! It was so much fun. I was able to spend some time with Rachel, and also see my beautiful friend Ashley get married. It seems like just yesterday we were driving Glen around the parking lot, ASL meetings, going to high school dances... And now we are both old married ladies! It was also special because DJ was able to attend with me as well, so we got to experience our own wedding day all over again in a way.

 

2. A BIRTHDAY- On June 22nd, I turned 22! I had an amazing Birthday weekend- It started on Friday with a sleepover with Rachel and Rhiannon at the Bennett's house. We watched "The Princess Diaries", had snacks, and partied! On Saturday, we had an English "Tea" Garden Party, which was a fancy lunch with my mom, Rhiannon, and my two sisters. We had my favorite pineapple banana punch, tea sandwiches, fruit, and cupcakes. After lunch, we went to see "Monsters University" with my DJ, my mom, sisters, brother, and in-laws. It was such a great movie! After the movie, we all went to eat at Sweet Tomatoes/Soup Plantation and met up with my dad. After dinner, we went home and I opened my presents. DJ got me an i-tunes giftcard, and some DVD's, and my family got me a Shark Steamer cleaning kit. I also got lots of cards, texts, emails, and shout outs for my Birthday! I felt very special!



3. A FAREWELL- Three of my best friends that I mentioned earlier are on missions. Hermana (Allison) Canova is serving in Texas, Sister (McKenzie) Cooper is in Oklahoma, and Hermana (Rachel) Harris is in the MTC now, and will be serving in California soon. I miss my friends with all my heart, but I'm also immensely proud of them. Rachel's farewell was on the 23rd, the day after my Birthday. She gave an amazing talk about being ready and willing to serve. I am so proud of her! I wrote her the first of many letters this week, and I ended up in tears! Rachel has been my friends for about 8 years now, and I have loved getting to know this amazing woman.



DJ and I have also gone on some wonderful amazing dates this month, movies, dinners, etc... I just love my husband! I'm the luckiest girl ever! We've also been apartment hunting, I signed up for classes at SLCC, and my kid brother turned 13 a week after me on the 29th. We have been loving the fresh fruits and vegetables of the summer season, I have an obsession with peaches and watermelon, and DJ likes strawberries and cantaloupe. We also have been enjoying the HOT weather with walks/jogs on the SF track in the evening, and a water fight yesterday when it got 100+ ..We've also been hitting up the library pretty frequently, and I just finished my 4th book of the summer and I'm on to my 5th that I hope to finish by Monday. And DJ has finished a few books as well, and has caught me up on some "classic movies". June has been a VERY enjoyable month, and we are looking forward to July!