Thursday, June 6, 2013

So Happy... TOGETHER

Dearest Readers,

Yesterday I was just having "ONE OF THOSE DAYS"

You probably know what I'm talking about. The days where nothing has gone right since you left your bed, and you wish life had a rewind feature, so you could just go back to your bed, and never leave it. YEP. Sounds about right!

Now, generally, I'm a pretty optimistic person and I like to say that I handle hard situations in life very well. But, I handle them on my own terms, and on my own time. And as part of my handling things, I cry. I feel hurt, even sometimes a little grumpy, and then, with time, I start to heal. I have bad days every once in a while, we all do. I have challenges and things that come up that make me upset.

I usually handle these things in private, only turning to the help of my Heavenly Father. But when things get really bad, I also reach out to my mom, my friends, and my wonderful husband. DJ knew I was having a hard day yesterday. And when we got home, he said "Okay, tell me what's the matter and we will talk it out."

("Talking it out" is my most trusted form of dealing with life.)

And so, I told him my problems, and he helped me work it out and then we made dinner together and went to the Spanish Fork High track to go on a short mile long walk/jog.

And half-way through the night, I realized I wasn't having a bad day anymore! And all the while I was thinking: "HOW DID I GET SO LUCKY?"

Seriously. I am the luckiest girl in the world! I love my husband a little more with each passing day. He is truly my better half, and I can always go to him and he is there. DJ is my greatest blessing in this life and I am thankful for him each and every day. I am so happy we found each other, that we have made it through so many trials together, and now we are stronger than ever before and ready to tackle life. I don't know what I would do without DJ in my life. I sometimes think if he wasn't here, a great part of me wouldn't be here either.

I am always happier, and more myself when DJ is around.

Somethings are just better Together.



 

 

-THE MEIN'S