Thursday, May 30, 2013

Emma Routh: Warrior Princess

Dearest Readers,

It all started a while back on Facebook. (The beginning of all great stories, right?) When I saw a story about a little girl named Emma Routh.

"Emma Routh is spunky, fun loving 8-year-old girl that is battling Fanconi Anemia – a rare blood disorder that leads to bone marrow failure. Emma has bravely undergone chemotherapy and a bone marrow transplant and continues to surpass milestones that defy her physician’s original prognosis.

Emma has a deep rooted love for life and continues to find the good in every situation becoming a role model for so many of her family members much older than herself. Her infectious spirit has given her family the strength to continue their journey and provide them with hope not only for Emma, but for all of the children like her. They feel confident that Emma will grow up to be an unbelievable woman, achieving all of her dreams and making a difference in the world." -From Emma's Facebook page, "Prayers For Emma"



(Picture from Emma's website, http://www.emmasarmy.org/)

As I continued to read about this amazing little girl, I decided that I wanted to DO something!! 
I added Emma's name to the prayer roll at the temple, wrote her a letter, made her a bookmark, and a "Emma You Are" sign to hang up, and mailed it off.

It's not much, but it doesn't have to be! This month I've been encouraging those I know to make cards, draw pictures, or write Emma letters to send. I want her to know she has love here in Utah! 



Emma is a wonderful little girl. I hope and I pray that she can heal, and continue to live her life while touching all of ours. I also pray for the countless children who are battling with diseases, and dealing with matters that are far beyond their years. My heart goes out to them, and their families, and I am truly touched by their stories and their courage. 


If you would like to get to know Emma a little better, visit her website at http://www.emmasarmy.org/
And there you can learn about Emma's disease, and also find out ways that you can help! Emma loves to get letters, cards, and gifts. In fact, she gets them from all over the world! Her family also needs help with medical bills, and suggests that people: Donate BLOOD or PLATELETS. REGISTER to become a BONE MARROW DONER. You could help save someone’s life. Someone like Emma.



Thinking of you warrior princess!

-The Mein's