Thursday, May 2, 2013

How To: Create A "Man Cold Survival Kit"

Dearest Readers,

I finally felt well enough to create the "Man Cold Survival Kit", as promised.
It's easy, quick, inexpensive, and it's a cute way to show someone you're husband you are thinking of them- especially when they aren't feeling well.
I make this kit for my husband, who has been battling with a cold/flu for the past week. I have made similar kits before, and I simply place the items in a brown paper bag, write his name on it, and send it with him to work. But feel free to present it however you like! You can also modify it to simply "Cold Survival Kit" to give to a child to take to school, or to give to a friend.

Anyway, let's get down to business: 
I started off by downloading a cute font "Stars From Our Eyes"
You can always write it by hand, But I was feeling sick today and I felt like my penmanship
was equal to that of a blind chimpanzee.

I then printed and cut a thin strip of paper that read "Man Cold Survival Kit" Which I attached to the front of a blue/white polka-dot card. (Semi-manly, right? I mean, it's blue!)
Then, I typed up the list of things I had included in the kit and attached that to the back of the card.  I made mine from things I already had around, so I didn't get to add everything I would have liked. But fell free to add or take off whatever you like to make it your own.

Usually, I add:

1. A little package of tissues (Mine were from Target, I believe I got a pack of 4 for around a dollar)
2. Cough-drops
3. Juice
4. Airborne
5. Sore Throat Spray
6. Chapstick
7.  Day-time cold medicine
8. A love note
9. Hand Sanatizer
10. Something to make them laugh:

  The man cold. @Kee Ostler Olivarez Bissoni (This is what I used)


And finally, here are some pictures of the kit:




Enjoy! -The Mein's