Thursday, April 25, 2013

We're Back!

Dearest Readers,

WOAH THERE! I've been VERY absent in keeping this blog up-to-date. Lots of things have happened since I last recorded them here. I started writing a private journal so I put this blog on the back burner, then my computer charger broke leaving my computer battery dead, and thus causing a bit of a problem with blogging!

In early April our contract at our apartment was up so we decided to move in with my mother-in-law for the summer while we saved up for our own place. While we are here, I'm in charge of taking care of her, and we live rent free. It's been nice to create a nice savings account and also to have started making payments on our student loans.

Still no work for me. I found a lot of prospects in Salt Lake and DJ and I talked about if it was worth it for me to get a bus pass to go back and forth from where we lived in Utah county, to where the work would be. We ultimately decided it would be easier on the both of us if I kept looking closer to home. In the meanwhile, I keep myself busy with making beds, vacuuming, laundry, dishes, yard-work, more laundry, and other household tasks, visiting with my mother in law and tending to her needs, writing my books, corresponding with missionaries, and so on.

I am still hoping for a job at a school, each day I feel like that's where I should be. After my student loans are under control, (EEK!) I hope to apply to school at either BYU or UVU, hoping I can get a scholarship. I will have to do my homework on how to start the process for getting a scholarship, because I have no idea where to begin!

DJ is doing well at Masterwall. He considered starting Massage Therapy School a few months ago, but with the economy the way it is, and people pinching pennies, he isn't sure he wants to leave his "for sure" job to jump into something new. So we will have to wait and see what happens there. Once we are more "On our feet" so to speak, DJ wants to return to school again and get his degree, because he only needs a class or two!

Both of us want to make sure that all the money that went into putting ourselves through college are worth it by getting a degree. We have hard to work very hard and nothing has been handed to either one of us, so we appreciate everything we have been given and realize how expensive everything is!
On April 15th, DJ celebrated his 24th Birthday! We had an amazing weekend, starting with a Jazz game on Friday night, and a sleepover at my parents house. On Saturday, my youngest sister Caitlin, was baptized. We spent the day with my family, and it was wonderful.

On Sunday we went to church at my home ward, and spent the rest of the day with my family, before leaving that night, only DJ wouldn't tell me where we were going! Well turns out he got a deal for a room at The Anniversary Inn, and we stayed in the Hawaii room! It was amazing. We had a waterfall shower, they had Martinelli's, and we got a breakfast tray in the morning with the most amazing food I'd ever eaten in my life.
After that, we went back to my house, and my family gave DJ a BYU T-shirt, and a gift-card for a free dinner.

After we said thanks for the gift, and for letting us stay over for two nights, we said goodbye to mom and went to Rodizio Grill for some Brazilian food. It's DJ's favorite place, and he really enjoyed himself! Especially the grilled pineapple :) It was a fun weekend and DJ was spoiled with a Jazz game, amazing meals, and a fun hotel stay. I think we sent him into his 24th year with a bang!

I've been busy making invitations for my friend Ashley's bridal shower and bachelorette party, for her wedding that will be in June.My friend Rachel got her mission call last week to California, Spanish speaking, and my friend Rhiannon is graduating BYU today! I'm also in contact with McKenzie (Cooper) and Allison (Alli) who are both on missions. I'm so proud of all my friends! They are amazing examples and I love them!

DJ and I are coming up on our one year anniversary soon. I can hardly believe it. We have come a long way and I didn't think it was possible, but I love him a little more each day. I am one lucky girl to have such an amazing guy!

And that about wraps it up! Stay tune for more posts.

-The Mein's