Thursday, August 2, 2012

Taylor's Wedding Day Story

Dearest readers,
Every "Happily Ever After" has a beginning...
And ours officially started on May 19, 2012 when we were married in the Salt Lake City Temple forever & always. It was a beautiful, perfect day. But it went by so fast, we decided we wanted to make a post about it so we could always remember our beginning, especially the little details.
So, as always, ladies first....
The night before the wedding, I had been sent to bed early by my bridesmaids, but I was having a hard time sleeping. So I watched Chandler & Monica's Wedding from the TV show FRIENDS, which is a show that DJ and I both love and watch together.
I finally fell asleep, and before I knew it, it was clear blue outside, and the sun plus birds chirpping outside my window woke me up.
I jumped out of bed and ran upstairs screaming "It's my wedding day!" To noone in particular. I had some cereal with my little brother, and then my good friend Ashley arrived to do my makeup. 1 hour, 4 shades of eyeshadow, and 2 different waterproof mascaras later: I was finished. Ashley left to go help the other bridesmaids with their makeup, and my mom did my hair (half up with a braid across the top).
I changed into my church clothes (Black skirt, white lacy top.. pretty simple!) and then my best friend, Rhiannon, came to pick my mom & I up for the temple. I grabbed my temple bag and dresses, and headed out the door.
The drive to the temple with my best friend and mom was a wonderful one. We talked and laughed, and it certainly calmed my nerves. We found a parking spot, and went inside the temple. I can't go into detail about the temple (as it is sacred) but I will say that there is nothing to compare it with. It was beautiful. Kneeling across the alter from DJ I felt at home, and at peace like never before.
Meeting DJ after I had changed into my dress and before we made our "grand exit" was like a scene from a romantic movie. I peered around the corner, and there he was. I approached him and we hugged. He kissed the top of my head and we just looked at each other, smiling. After, we climbed the stairs, met with the photographer, and then opened the doors and walked outside.
From this moment on, everything was a blur. We did pictures for a few hours, then walked across the street to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building where we had our luncheon. It was breathtaking. White tablecloths with gold napkins, fancy china, with the building overlooking the temple below. We had delicious food (soups, salads, and New York Style Cheesecake) and made our wedding speeches.
After the luncheon, everyone went to freshen up and get ready for the reception.
The reception was beautiful. For the first hour, DJ and I greeted guests, then we cut the cake, (DJ shoved it in my face, and all over my face!) and we danced.
With the couple dance, the sparkling lights above our heads and the candles on the tables added to the romantic effect as DJ and I danced to our song "With Or Without You", by U2. It was amazing.
After our sparkler exit, we drove off for our honeymoon, (not before stopping to get a burger, we were starving) and there you go!
Here are some of the details about the wedding:
Date: (Saturday) May 19, 2012: A beautiful day outside, with clear blue skies.
Colors: White, Baby Blue

Brides Dress: White a-line ballgown with a lacy top, no beading, cap sleeves, and simple blue sash (that I wore off and on)
Flowers: White roses, peonies, lilies, and babies breath
Bridesmaids/Flower Girls: (Rhiannon, Rachel, Ashley, Hallie, Caitlin, McKenzie, Allison, Annie, Jacey, Kira)
Groomsmen: (Jeramy, Ryan, Trevor, Ely, Jaden, Eric, Quinton)
Wedding Venue: Salt Lake Temple, Luncheon: JSM Building, Reception: Stake Center
The wedding didn't go without flaws, but to me, it was perfect because I married my true love...And that's the best part of the story.