Monday, October 8, 2012

The Case Of The Mondays

Dearest Readers,

This weekend was wonderful!
On Friday, we went to The Incredible Pizza Co. And then to the BYU game, where we pulled out a win 6 to 3 against the Utah State Aggies. I am really happy (And DJ even HAPPIER...) to be taking an interest in sports, and even enjoying and understanding the game. I can't say much for the other sports, but football is definitely my favorite.
On Saturday, we watched the first session of LDS General Conference where President Monson made a announcement about missionaries. Effective immediately- all worthy men can serve at 18 instead of 19- and women at 19 instead of 21. That is big news! The speakers and music touched my heart and left me feeling uplifted. After the first session, we headed up to Salt Lake to watch my brother Trevor's soccer game, and then watch the second half of conference with my family.
When conference was over, we watched my younger siblings while my parents went out for their 22nd wedding anniversary. I am so proud of my parents for setting an example of what marriage can be if you work hard at it, and not give up.
Returning home, we watched Sunday session together (After we made breakfast together) And then we went over to BYU housing and watched the second half with our friends the Mitchell's. They made us delicious homemade strawberry icecream! I was grateful that a few of the questions and concerns I had on my mind were discussed at conference, and that we were able to watch all the sessions together for the first time as a married couple.
For dinner, DJ and I made homemade pizza, and watched our TV show (Once Upon A Time) Together, and also some of The movie "The Best 2 Years" Which reminded me of all the talk of missionary work at conference. I am so happy to be friends with some amazing missionaries which I write often- Sister Allison Canova, Elder Ely Baker, and soon.... Sister McKenzie Cooper, Sister Lacey Palmer, and my cousin Elder Tanner Jacobsen. I am so proud of all these amazing young men and women who serve the Lord with all their heart, might, mind, and strength.
And there you have it, Our wonderful weekend, perfect in every way!
But of course, after the weekend comes the dreaded.... MONDAY.
Here are just a few problems we are confronted with today:

1. Both DJ and I took out student loans in order to go to college. Well, it's time to start paying them back. We hadn't realized it would be this soon! (Ah!) We owe combined about $30,000. Scary, huh? And the sad part about it is, that we had to stop going to school to support ourselves so at the moment, we have nothing to show for all our hard work and money.
The GOOD news: Heavenly Father loves us and if He brings us to it, He will bring us through it. I don't know how right now- but He does.

2. Last week I applied for an AMAZING job. Actually, it's my dream job! It's a position at Brockbank Elementary School in Spanish Fork, Utah. It's where my husband went to school! I would be an assistant in a Special Needs classroom. But, I haven't heard back and I am starting to get worried! I was so sure that I would get the position, I sent in my resume... and nothing! I know I am qualified for the job, now I just have to convince them.
The GOOD news: I am going to be assertive. This will be had for me since I'm pretty laid back and shy, but hey! I want this job, and I'm not going to let it slip past me!

3. DJ's mom had a seizure while visiting his grandma in St. George. She is back in the hospital.
The GOOD news:She is doing better! YAY!

4. I am still without insurance (And I've been having some pretty serious health concerns).
 The GOOD news: I will have insurance again one day. And then I am going to never let it go again!

5. Because of all that is going on, DJ and I are pretty stressed. Life is pretty hard right now.
The GOOD news: We have each other, and we love each other. We are surrounded by loving friends and family, and are watched over by a Father in Heaven who loves us. We are blessed more than we realize.

I am glad to look for the "Silver Lining" When I get bad news. It would be an even harder life if you didn't (Oh, and I saw this amazing quote the other day. It said: "If everyone were to throw all their trials in a pile, we would end up picking our own back up again after seeing what others go through" Okay so that's not an exact quote, but you get the gist! Hang in there!

Until next time,
T