Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Things you (probably) didn't know about Taylor

Taylor and I have only been married for a short time; almost three months to be exact. But I have learned so much about her in that short amount of time. I thought that I knew more about her when we became husband and wife. But I have learned many more things, and I will share five little fun facts with you. Most of which you didn't even know.

1. Taylor loves to go swimming. If I didn't know better, I'd swear she was part mermaid. She LOVES to swim, and she will go for hours on end. Looking back on when we started dating, Taylor would always suggest for our group of friends to go swimming. And going to our local pool was always a fun date for the both of us.

2. Taylor is a comedian. Without getting to know her, she will come off as a very soft spoken, sweet, partly shy girl; which for the most part she is. But what you probably don't realize is that she actually is quite hilarious. She always has a funny remark, hilarious facial expression, and can always lighten any mood. And if for some reason she isn't cracking jokes, get her a Jamba Juice and she will start right up (Story for another time).

3. Taylor loves to be organized. So much so, I tend to tease her for having OCD and being a hoarder (which she is not). I never have to worry about anything being out of place, or anything not neatly stacked in a very organized way. Because Taylor's very witty, and crafty mind goes right to work. And our beautiful home stays just that, beautiful.

4. Taylor loves to sing. And she can sing very, very well. Now to some this may be more obvious than to others. But my wife is a very good singer. She started off young as a little kid singing in her families home. (Her cousins the Osmond's must have rubbed off on her) She later was involved in choir in High School, and was even given the opportunity to perform in New York City. Every so often Taylor will bust out some amazing solo of a song stuck in her head. Taylor has brought such a great spirit into our home with her great ability to sing. Which works out great, seeing as I couldn't hit a note to save my life.

5. Taylor loves everyone like they are her best friend. If you were to describe someone as being devoted, sweet, kind, affectionate, and care deeply care about others, you would describe my wife. She is kind to everyone, and I mean EVERYONE she meets. Taylor has grown a deep love for people who aren't considered "perfect", or "normal". She is an amazing caregiver to those types of people. And that has made her the most compassionate and caring person I have met.

I have learned so much from Taylor over the last few months. And I like to pretend she has learned a little bit of it from me. She is the most amazing person in the world, and I am very fortunate and grateful that I have the opportunity to be around such a great and amazing woman.